Summary: We currently have an open position for a qualified Service Manager/ Senior Systems Technician. This position will be responsible for the daily operation of the service shop and partners with the Area Operations Manager on budget planning, P&L analysis and related activities as well as install, repair, align and maintain two-way radio communication systems in our service center.
Day Wireless Systems is the largest full-service wireless integrator in the West. We provide design, construction, licensing, sales, service, rentals, installation, and maintenance for a wide range of wireless voice, data, and video applications. Founded in 1969, today we have 26 locations and 300 employees in California, Oregon, and Washington. Day Wireless employees enjoy the opportunity to grow and transfer within our many locations and business divisions.
- Recent experience managing seven (7) or more technical, administrative and/or sales staff to work as a cohesive team and provide excellent customer service
- Demonstrated success in maximizing profit and eliminating loss while staying within an operating budget
- Demonstrated success in building positive business relationships and securing sales by meeting with customers, assisting with project planning, scheduling service, and providing excellent customer service
- Experience installing and providing technical support for VHF/UHF and 800/900 MHz analog and digital systems, mobile and portable subscriber equipment
- Ability to install and maintain communications console equipment; diagnose and repair public address systems, emergency vehicle siren and lighting systems
- Must have experience with installation, maintenance, and repair of base systems, repeaters, remote controls, multiplexers, antenna systems, microwave systems, battery backup systems, and solar power systems
- Professional presentation and demeanor, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred
- The ideal candidate must have five (5) years’ experience in the radio and communication area, extensive knowledge/understanding of two-way radio theory and communications systems.
- An FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License, FCIA, NABER or equivalent industry certification a plus! Candidates must also possess clean driving record and valid driver’s license, as well as be willing and able to work after normal business hours on call duties
The team at Day Wireless enjoys competitive compensation and excellent benefits including medical/dental, 401K, insurance and paid vacations. Plus, the great combination of a family owned business that offers large company stability with a small company atmosphere.
Please send resumes in WORD format, along with a cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com. To be considered you must REFERENCE CODE: 322-SM/System Tech in the subject line of your email.
Please also let us know where you heard about our current opening.